We would like to keep you up to date with the latest news from Datacentre Solutions by sending you push notifications.
Colt Technology Services is continuing to expand its longstanding collaboration with Equinix. Businesses now have access to Colt’s On Demand infrastructure interconnecting with Equinix Fabric® in Singapore and Hong Kong, in addition to Spain, Italy, Sweden, UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands. The extended collaboration between Colt and Equinix deepens their long running commitment to a global partner ecosystem and meets growing demand across key regions.
The Colt On Demand network interconnnects seamlessly and dynamically with Equinix Fabric across Asia and Europe giving flexible last mile access to Equinix International Business ExchangeTM (IBX®) data centres and in particular to Equinix Digital Services; offering businesses choice, diversity and visibility of their infrastructure to help them succeed in today’s global digital world. With Colt On Demand Interconnect, organisations can:
• Connect in near real-time to their own premises through the Colt On-Demand footprint of 31,000 on-net buildings interconnected through 11 regions to Platform Equinix®, offering end-to-end connectivity to Equinix data centres and Digital Services
• Quickly upscale their infrastructure to meet customer requirements
• Respond faster to rapidly changing market conditions
• Deliver complex digital transformation programmes, knowing they have a flexible, resilient consumption-based infrastructure as a foundation
• Accelerate and optimise their shift to the cloud, eliminating the need for on-premise hardware and supporting ESG initiatives
• Remove the need to manage multiple partners and connectivity contracts across multiple geographies, instead benefiting from access to secure, resilient end-to-end infrastructure and best-in-class after-sales support as part of a single global partner ecosystem
Colt is seeing a significant increase in the number of On Demand customers who self-provision their network services, with a high double-digit revenue growth in 2022, and this trend is expected to continue into 2023 and beyond.
Mark Hollman, Vice President for Partner Development and Success at Colt said, “The network is the catalyst for transformation, for businesses looking to flex, digitalise and stay relevant, but managing this infrastructure can be incredibly complex – especially across multiple countries. Businesses are already facing headwinds in 2023, and the last thing they need is to be held back by lengthy contracts and inflexible services.” He continued, “In this latest evolution of our longstanding partnership with Equinix, we’ve invested in joint API development to deliver a simplified, automated and improved customer experience across Colt On Demand and Equinix Fabric platforms, another way we are driving extraordinary connections for our customers.”
Mark Anderson, Vice President, Global Technical Sales at Equinix said “Combining Colt's global network with Equinix's global digital footprint provides enterprises with complete dynamic digital solutions, addressing end-to-end requirements from architecting a global network backbone, to optimising the last-mile experience of users every day. Further expanding and automating this can only be a good thing, and a great opportunity for customers to take their connectivity to critical business partners to the next level.”