“Leviton has a long history of innovation with high-flex patch cords,” said Kirk Krahn, senior product manager for Leviton Network Solutions. “We first introduced small-diameter 28 AWG patch cords more than 10 years ago for Cat 5e and Cat 6 applications and have expanded and enhanced the offering over the years. Now, the new Cat 6A solution gives network managers addressing emerging applications such as wireless, smart building technologies and PoE the same flexibility with improved bend radius while supporting higher data rates up to 10 Gb/s.”
Features of the new Leviton Cat 6A High-Flex Patch cords include:
· Less space required for bend radius – The short plug and high-flex boot reduce the amount of space required in applications with limited depth behind WAPs, back boxes and furniture plates.
· Low-profile design eases installations and maintenance – The 28 AWG construction makes it easier to maneuver during installation, as well as during moves, adds and changes in patching environments.
· Better airflow to improve performance and reduce cooling costs – The small outside diameter of 4.7mm reduces cable bulk in cable managers, pathways, racks and cabinets. This also increases airflow which helps reduce cooling costs.
· A global solution across multiple regions – Leviton Cat 6A High-Flex Patch cords are dual-rated Low Smoke Zero Halogen and CM applications, making them a single solution with a global design for all regions around the world.
· Fast availability in a wide range of lengths and colors – Leviton Cat 6A High-Flex Patch Cords are available in seven colors, with stocked lengths from 0.3 – 6.1 meters for immediate shipment and quick-turn make to order (MTO) lengths up to 30 meters available.
· Universal solution – The design and metal wrap on the patch cord plug enables the same cord to work have outstanding electrical performance in both shielded and UTP applications.